Monday 1 October 2007

Autumnal melancholia and Deadly Waters

That Elizaphanian has been at it again (ie taking far, far better Mersea photos than I do) - for example, this one and this one.

Just been listening to Fernando Sor's lovely Estudio 5 in B Minor, quite beautifully played, and am feeling melancholic and autumnal. I love this time of year but it reminds me of things that are gone. Doesn't help at all that October has begun in such a dreary, dismal fashion.

It's also very dull and damp on Hayling Island today, from whence arrived an email from Pauline Rowson this afternoon, letting me know that she and her just-published Marine Mystery novel, Deadly Waters, are featured here. What Pauline didn't mention was that, as an essential component of her publicity campaign she'd been absolutely forced to pose on the beach with a entire Watch of Hunky Firefighters! (Bad luck, Pauline, some people get all the worst jobs and I can't imagine anyone will envy you, least of all me!) You can read extracts from her novels and see Pauline talking about Deadly Waters here.

1 comment:

Tim Chesterton said...

SUPER photos.

(Came here from Sam's blog - lived in Southminster 1970-75).