Monday 5 May 2008

Shifting blockages and books

Some more book reviews coming up soon. I seem to have recovered from my recent bout of bookblogger's block. Don't know what brought that on - just one of those things, I suppose.

Meanwhile, here are some great ideas for recycling those books in your collection that you're never going to read again. Of course, most of us take them to our nearest worthy charity shop, or swap them online. But if you're looking for something a little different, you could try these (click on the captions to get the links):


(1) Hanging them from the ceiling.


(2) Gluing them together to form a table.



(3) Turning your favourite cover into a handbag.

(4) Using pages to make magnets.



(5) and just a reminder of my old favourite, the book-book-shelf.



(Many thanks to Barb for pointing me in the direction of the fabulous Black Eiffel.)

5 comments:

monix said...

Fabulous pictures! I could contribute one showing my bed propped up with old text books. It was meant to be for a couple of days until the husband bought a replacement caster but three years on ....

Art Durkee said...

I particularly love the coffee table made out of coffee table books. The only problem is that, if someone wants to read one of the coffee table books, there goes the table. Oops!

Great stuff.

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Oh, you are so welcome!

Juliet said...

M - I think that would make an excellent subject for a post on RD. Come on - we want to see your bed leg!

Hi Art - I've just been admiring the beautiful photos and poems on your blog - just amazing.

Barb - thanks again for being such a constant source of inspiration!

Cath said...

I'm also in favour of the coffee table. You'd have to be careful about leveling them off though or you could have a nasty accident...