Thursday 12 February 2009

Not very musin'

Was wondering only last week when Older finally becomes synonymous with Wiser.

I still don't know the answer to this but I do know, quite categorically, what the answer isn't.

And that is 49.

As I have already demonstrated this week, to my very considerable cost.


Prompted by a rather urgent need to muse upon this and others of life's mysteries, I headed waterwards, only to find - of course, this week's high tides again, silly (not wise) me - that my rickety old 'thinking jetty', aboard which I have privately mused, with many a hot chocolate for company, since arriving on the Muddy Isle, was completely submerged. Bother. So I went for a trudge on the beach instead but was too lost in thought to take any pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cousin Cliff and I have had a continuing refrain that started when we were teenagers in the 1960s. We are now both 61 and are still asking each other: "What will it feel like to be grown up and how will we know when we are?"

So, we've reached our seventh decade and we still don't know the answer. Just as well really, otherwise we might lose the knack of letting our hair down, enjoying ourselves, behaving inappropriately for our age, and forgetting all those hard lessons that life was supposed to have taught us by now.