Saturday 6 December 2008

Calling all Mersea Cooks and Socialites!


Do you have a passion for cooking? Would you like to appear on telly and win a cash prize?!

The hugely successful Channel 4 programme Come Dine With Me is looking for people on or near Mersea Island, who have a keen interest in food and cooking, to take part in a new, prime-time series, which will give them an opportunity to demonstrate their culinary skills to a wide audience.

Over four days, four islanders, from all walks of life, will take turns to host the perfect dinner party for each other other. At the end of the week, the most impressive host will win a £1,000 cash prize, and the highlights will be broadcast on Channel 4.

If you are over 18 and are interested in taking part, then please call and leave your name and number asap (and before 12 December) on: 0871 200 3939* or email comedinewithme@granadamedia.com.

For further information, or if you might be able to display a poster publicising this opportunity, drop me a line or leave a comment here.

I will post news of who's going to be appearing the show nearer the time of broadcast next year. It could be a lot of fun!

* Calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline. Mobile and other network rates may be higher.)

4 comments:

Annabel said...

Oh please say that you are taking part Juliet! This is one of my favorite programmes! If I didn't live in Brentwood I would be on the phone signing up right now!

How exciting!

Juliet said...

Hi Annabel - actually, no, I won't be offering to take part myself. But I'm hoping lots of others will. Do you want to do a temporary house-swap so you can sign up?!?

Annabel said...

Oh shame! A very tempting offer but I will make do with an appearance on Time Team! They are filming at New Hall in the spring!

Almost as exciting - you will have to come and see it in action!

A x

Juliet said...

Ooh, yes, please let me know when it's happening - the kids, esp Boy, love that programme.