Monday 17 December 2007

Cut down to size

Hey - I've been edited! Cut down to size! And I don't like it one bit!


The deliberately oversized 'banner' at the top of this blog, with the sea and the sky and the little boats in the distance and hundreds of yards of mud - it's gone!


And it wasn't me wot dunnit, either. It must have been imposed by the Powers That Be - either human or automated - at Blogger.


So now I conform to size regulations and shape restrictions and have a boring little strip of blueish sky at the top of Musings.


Here's a reminder of the Muddy Island from whence I Muse . . .

If any other Blogger users have any clues or suggestions as to how I might persist in my rebellion against conformity, I'd be interested to hear from you.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Yep, same happened to me. I spent rather more time than I'd like poking around the techier areas of the interweb, trying to find ways of restoring the height of the banner. No joy. it will probably surface in one of the blogger discussion forums.

Sam Charles Norton said...

Have you done anything to your template? If not, you could try simply redoing your picture from scratch. I suspect it's blogger 'rationalising' though - and if that's the case then there might not be anything that can be done...

Juliet said...

Thanks both. Hadn't touched my template and I tried re-loading last night but to no avail.

Since you've already wasted more than enough of your time on this, Rob, I shan't waste any of mine. Life is far too short to spend any of it surfing Blogger discussion forums (fora? - subject for another post, perhaps) in my view.

I suspect you are right, Sam - I have simply been rationalised. It doesn't feel good!

Anonymous said...

Mmm... I did find that it was taking an age to open your blog page when navigating away from my rss feeder. It was much faster today but I quite liked scrolling down whilst it was loading as the mud stretched out to make a very interesting image. ;-)Teresa

Juliet said...

Hi T - oh well if it makes Musings more 'user friendly', then I guess it can't be all bad. Maybe that's why they've curtailed errant non-standard headers.

NB Blogger has been advertising the fact that 'OpenID commenting' is now available for all Blogger blogs, so that people from LiveJournal (like you) can pop in your blog URL and with any luck you won't be 'Anonymous' any more, but it will link to your blog and we'll all see your cute kitten pic as well! (It could join the seal in my growing menagerie of readers!)

Anonymous said...

Juliet - the cute kitty is actually a very wild cat which I photographed through its glass cage at Colchester zoo.