Sunday 23 March 2008

Laziness

Not the kind of Easter Day one anticipates, with daffodils weighed down by snow and blossom being blown from the trees by icy winds.


So after a brisk walk with the dog in the stinging cold and a quick visit to Grannie and Grandad's, it was roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and a lazy afternoon with new books, new toys, on-demand chocolate and, for me, a quiet retreat to my study to catch up on a bit of undemanding work (I'm leaving the nasty stuff until tomorrow) and blogging.

Everyone was too full to bother with a proper tea, so I merely cut and dished out the simnel cake to top up the sugar levels (dangerously high all day, but who cares?) and left it at that. SD#s 1 and 2 have now gone out for a run (in shorts - despite my maternal protestations - brrrrr). Bath time for SD#3 in a minute and then more self-indulgent feet-up time, I suspect.


I'm very much looking forward to The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency , which has had rave advance reviews and looks as though it will be a sumptuous treat and a fitting high point by which to remember Anthony Minghella . Alexander McCall Smith certainly thinks so.


No comments: